Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cooking Adventures

I love to cook. I really love to bake things. Here are a few of the things that I have been able to make and experiment with.
These cupcakes and cake were made for Zach's 30th Birthday. It isn't a very good picture to see the decorating on the cupcakes, but oh well.
This cake was made for a 4th of July party. It was so much fun to make. Connor liked to lick all of the frosting bowls and cake bowls.
These cupcakes were for Ethan's first birthday. The colors were made by painting a pastry bag with different food colorings and then putting white frosting in it. The first cupcake I made I think was more food coloring that it was frosting. Oops.
Zach and I saw on some show where they were talking about some great sandwiches. One of the sandwiches that they talked about was chicken breast, mozzarella sticks, and marinara sauce. We decided that we wanted to try it. We took some extra breaded chicken breasts and toasted them until they were pretty crispy. Then we made the mozzarella sticks and put marinara on it. We got some nice bread to put them on. I think that was one of the best sandwiches that I have ever made. May not be the best for you, but it sure it good for the taste buds. Looking at the picture makes me want to make it again, right now.
Zach's Grandma, Nana, wanted a special treat for a get together she was having at her house. She asked me if I would make this cupcake bouquet. I think that is one of my favorite cupcake creations to make. It turned out good and I hope that everyone liked it at the party.
I made this cake for my Father-in-laws birthday. It was a chocolate cake with apricot and cherry on the top and chocolate pieces on the side. It was a good first try, but I can't wait to make it again and I am sure it will be better.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Really, you are amazing! Sometime, maybe one day when we live in the same state, I hope we get to bake together--I'd love to learn all of your tricks. :)

Crafty Momma said...

Some great baking!! I wish I had family around so I could bake for them. I too love to bake, but don't want to have to eat it all. which is part of the reason I gained weight the first yr of marriage! lol that sandwich looks super yummy and I will have to try it sometime this summer...hopefully by then I will have lost my "baby wieght" and won't have to worry about calories! hahaha!