Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memorial Day

This last Saturday we took a drive out to Vernal with Zach's family.  His grandfather is there and so there was a bunch of his family and us that drove out there.  It was such a nice drive and it is always great to be reminded of the heritage that your family comes from.  Zach's aunt and uncle were there also.  They have done a lot of genealogy and know a lot of stories about those that are buried in Vernal.  It was great to hear many stories and to be with family remembering Grandy.  After going to Vernal we went to the Orem Cemetery to put flowers on my families graves.  My Grandma and Grandpa Butler are buried there along with my Grandpa Downs.  Every time I see there names etched in stone I think of the many memories that I have of them.  They were all so happy.  There was always a twinkle in my Grandpa Downs eye when he was joking.  My Grandma Butler was always quick to laugh and had the best laugh.  My Grandpa Butler would light up any time you asked him about BYU or fishing.  I wish that Connor would have been able to know them.  I guess that it is up to me to let him know the great heritage that he comes from.  He definitely has two great families that make up his heritage.  

1 comment:

sunnie said...

hey my hubby is from vernal. it's so exciting to visit there (sarcasm intended). at least they cleaned up the theater a bit. just wish they'd get a new restaurant...well a few new ones.